North Carolina Rebate Program
Natural Gas Water Heater Rebates
Commercial water heaters consume a considerable amount of energy, accounting for about 11 percent of the total energy load, on average, in many commercial facilities.
Upgrading to a higher-efficiency water heater can result in recognizable energy savings. The Natural Gas Water Heater Rebate Program for businesses will offset some of the incremental cost associated with choosing more efficient equipment.
Commercial customers in North Carolina who replace existing natural gas equipment with qualifying high-efficiency natural gas equipment are eligible for up to a $200 rebate. This includes the following qualifying high-efficiency gas water heater.
Rebates currently available
Proof of installation (a copy of the receipt, invoice, or contract) and/or proof of purchase must be included with the rebate application.
Please allow up to six weeks for rebate processing from the time the rebate form is received in the mail by Piedmont Natural Gas.
Rebate funds are limited and will be paid on a first-come, first-served basis until all funds are depleted or the program is withdrawn or terminated. Piedmont Natural Gas reserves the right to modify, withdraw or terminate this program at any time upon reasonable notice as posted on our website.
How to Participate
- Available for all existing Piedmont commercial customers who are served under the company’s 102-Small General Service and 152-Medium General Service rate schedules and have an active Piedmont natural gas account
- Rebate only available for qualifying natural gas equipment that is installed to replace existing natural gas-fired equipment
- This offer is not available for the new construction market of commercial buildings or facilities that are served by a Piedmont commercial rate schedule
- This rebate is also not available for the replacement of equipment served by an alternate fuel source such as electricity or propane
- Rebates apply only to equipment purchased and installed after March 23, 2009, when the Commission approved the program and all applications must be postmarked within 90 days after the equipment installation
- Equipment must be installed by a HVAC or plumbing contractor licensed in North Carolina
- Maximum number of rebates per commercial service address is 10 rebates in a 12-month period
- Rebate applications must include HVAC or plumber information and all applicable equipment information as shown on the rebate form
- Equipment must be installed in the facility corresponding to the submitted Piedmont Natural Gas service account number
Find a Contractor or Equipment Dealer
- Carefully review the website eligibility requirements, terms and conditions, and the rebate application form
- Call 1-877-279-3636 (Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) with questions about program requirements before you purchase and install new high-efficiency equipment
- Contact a licensed contractor to purchase and install the qualifying equipment as specified in the program requirements
- Complete all the information on the rebate application and attach copies of all purchase and installation invoices. The attached invoices/receipts must include the product installation date, total price, new equipment brand and model number, and the efficiency rating for the new equipment. To process the rebate, all information must be completed, with the rebate form signed and dated
- Submit your rebate application form and required documentation to the following address:
Piedmont Natural Gas Company, Inc.
Attn: Marketing /NC Rebate Form
PO Box 33068
Charlotte, NC 28233
- Please DO NOT send your rebate form and other documentation in the same envelope with payment of your monthly gas bill
- Piedmont may call you to schedule an inspection to verify installation of the equipment at the address indicated on the rebate form
All equipment must be installed by a contractor licensed in North Carolina to be eligible for the rebate. Visit the
Find a Contractor or Equipment Dealersection to find a contractor in your area.
Terms and Conditions
Full Terms & Conditions
Have any questions? Call Piedmont Natural Gas directly at 1-877-279-3636 or e-mail email@example.com.
Please allow up to six weeks for rebate processing from the time the rebate form is received in the mail by Piedmont Natural Gas. Rebate funds are limited and will be paid on a first-come, firstserved basis until all funds are depleted or the program is withdrawn or terminated. Piedmont Natural Gas reserves the right to modify, withdraw or terminate this program at any time upon reasonable notice as posted on our website.