John H. Maxheim Natural Gas Technology Center
The Ultimate Learning & Testing Environment
View photos of the Natural Gas Technology Center
Our Natural Gas Technology Center offers first-hand experience with natural gas foodservice equipment, all with performance, emissions and efficiency information at your fingertips. Our Center serves multiple purposes ranging from offering a meeting space to providing a full-scale testing facility.
- 4,700 square feet of meeting/work space
- Accommodates up to 60 people (classroom seating) or 90 people (auditorium seating)
- Large prep and clean-up areas
- Condensing and high-efficiency commercial natural gas water heaters
- Tankless instantaneous water heaters
- Two 10-foot sections of kitchen ventilation hood
- Six gas and an assortment of electric connections
- Data Acquisition System
Reserve the Center
Call 704.731.4014 for terms, conditions and availability.
Why Use the Piedmont Natural Gas Technology Center?
- Equipment Testing and Brand Comparisons
- Multiple natural gas and electric connections allow you to test and compare the performance and efficiency of different types of natural gas and electric equipment
- Efficiency Comparisons
- An integrated Data Acquisition System allows you to gauge equipment performance, energy usage, efficiency and food production
- Training, Workshops and Demonstrations
- A large and versatile workspace is ideal for demonstrating the latest natural gas foodservice equipment to your clients or for training employees on new equipment
- Cooking Techniques and Recipe Development
- As a fully equipped commercial kitchen, this space is perfect for testing new cooking techniques or recipes before introducing them to your customers