The following terms and conditions govern the use by anyone or entity of this Site. By using this Site in any way, you agree to comply with these terms and conditions. "PNY" means Piedmont Natural Gas Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates. PNY may change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Your continued use of this Site after any changes in these terms and conditions constitute your agreement to comply with those terms and conditions. PNY reserves the right to modify or discontinue this Site at any time.
1. The information on this Site may be changed by PNY without notice. PNY may change or withdraw any products or services described at any time without notice, subject to regulatory approval as required.
2. This Site, including any content or information contained within it or any site-related service, is provided "as is". To the full extent permissible by applicable law, PNY disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement and operability, reliability performance and freedom from errors, viruses or other harmful components. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this Site and site-related services.
PNY will not be responsible or liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to the site, site-related services, the functionality or availability of the site and/or content or information contained within, or accessed from, the site, even if PNY has been advised of the possibility of such damages and whether claims are based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise.
Although PNY attempts to ensure the integrity and accurateness of the Site, it makes no representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. It is possible that the Site could include inaccuracies or errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform PNY so that it can be corrected. PNY assumes no liability or responsibility for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the content of this Site.
3. Any information or material submitted to PNY in connection with this Site is provided on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis and shall become the property of PNY. Subject to regulatory approval if necessary, such information or material may be used by PNY for any purpose on an unrestricted basis, including but not limited to reproduction, display, performance, modification, transmission and distribution. PNY is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques submitted to PNY for any purpose on an unrestricted basis.
4. The trademarks, service marks and logos contained on this Site are the registered or common law marks of PNY or third parties. No right or license is granted, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, to use any copyright, trademark, service mark or logo displayed on this Site or any other intellectual property rights of PNY or any third party.
5. All pages within this Site are the intellectual property of PNY. No portion of the materials on these pages may be republished in any form without the express written permission of PNY. The Information provided is the property of PNY and is protected by applicable copyright law. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, disseminate, sell, distribute, publish, broadcast, circulate or commercially exploit the intellectual property in any manner without the express written consent of PNY or any other person with the authority to give such consent. You agree that you will not use the intellectual property for any unlawful purpose.
6. Any non-PNY web site accessed through this Site is independent from PNY. PNY has no control over such independent sites and is not responsible for the availability, content or use of those sites, including any link contained in those sites or any changes or updates to those sites. PNY makes no representations whatsoever about any other site you may access through this Site. Reference by PNY to another site does not mean PNY endorses or accepts responsibility for the content or use of that independent site or has any association with it or its operators.
7. You acknowledge that data, including e-mail and electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated between you and PNY, using the Internet, other network communications facilities, telephone or any other electronic means. You agree to use software produced by third parties, including, but not limited to, "browser" software that supports a data security protocol compatible with the protocol used by PNY. Until notified otherwise by PNY, you agree to use software that supports the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol or other protocols accepted by PNY and follow PNY's log-on procedures for services that support such protocols. You acknowledge that PNY is not responsible for notifying you of any upgrades, fixes or enhancements to any such software or for any compromise of data transmitted across computer networks or telecommunications facilities, including, but not limited to, the Internet. With the exception of applications commonly known as web browser software, you agree not to use any software, program, application or any other device to access or log on to PNY's computer systems, Site or proprietary software or to automate the process of obtaining, downloading, transferring or transmitting any content, information or quotes to or from PNY's computer systems, the Site or proprietary software.
8. PNY does not intentionally reveal any personal information that is provided by you through this Site to any third parties, except when requested to do so by providers of services that are provided under rules of confidentiality and under contract between PNY and a third party vendor and are necessary for the provision of such services; or when requested by a governmental agency having jurisdiction; or by a court of competent jurisdiction or other operation of law. PNY will take commercially reasonable steps to safeguard all information provided by you using this Site from unauthorized access and use. However, no security system is fail-safe and PNY cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons. If you utilize our customer service options, including viewing your bill, a password or PIN number may be required to ensure that your information remains confidential and is not accessed by other individuals. Maintaining the confidentiality of this password is your responsibility, and you should change your password if you suspect confidentiality has been compromised. The following steps may help safeguard information: (a) do not share your ID or password with anyone; (b) change your password regularly; (c) remember to sign off once you have submitted an application for a service online, or completed a secure online session; and (d) only provide your access ID when your browser indicates an encrypted connection, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL), directly to the Site or to another site you have investigated and fully trust.
9. This Site contains forward-looking statements. These statements are based on management's current expectations and information currently available and are believed to be reasonable and are made in good faith. However, the forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the statements. Factors that may make the actual results differ from anticipated results include, but are not limited to, regulatory issues; economic conditions; competition from other providers of similar products; and other uncertainties, all of which are difficult to predict and some of which are beyond our control. For these reasons, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements when making investment decisions. The words "expect," "believe," "project," "anticipate," "intend," "should," "could," and variations of such words and similar expressions, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. We do not undertake any obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statement, either as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Furthermore, this Site does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to buy securities.
10. You agree that these terms and conditions and your use of this Site are governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Charlotte, North Carolina for any claim or dispute arising from these terms and conditions or the use of this Site. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
If you have any questions or concerns pertaining to the privacy or security of your personal information, you can contact us by:
Other questions or concerns may be addressed by visiting our
contact us page.